Following Telenav’s strategic partnership with Grab, we’re announcing that the OpenStreetCam and ImproveOSM platforms are moving to Grab! The goal of contributing to the OSM project by supporting the community with tools and data remains unchanged, and users will continue to benefit from those platforms.
- Data and applications: The data is available to the OSM community just as before, with better latency for many.
- Open Source: Good news, the code license is changing from LGPL to the more permissive MIT license. The imagery license will remain the same, CC BY-SA version 4.
- ImproveOSM source code moved to https://github.com/ImproveOSM and OpenStreetCam stays at https://github.com/openstreetcam.
- OpenStreetCam apps: The iOS and Android apps will now be published under the Grab AppStore / Google Play account – that makes no difference in contributing awesome imagery to the community! You can download and use the apps as usual.
- Waylens: You can keep using your Waylens dashcams to contribute imagery to OpenStreetCam.
As always, we look forward to collaborating with the community members and improving OSM.