We decided to celebrate summer and the great driving weather that comes alongside it by launching a new OpenStreetCam competition! If you live in or happen to be nearby Miami, Los Angeles, Houston or Chicago, this is your chance to participate!
The kick-off date is June 12. Buckle up!
- Download the free / open source OpenStreetCam app for Android or iOS.
- Collect as many OpenStreetCam points as you can until August 12, 23:59 Eastern time. Every image uploaded gets you points, with more points awarded for roads that are being covered for the first time or that have been surveyed infrequently.
- We will announce the winners on the 13th of August.
- The top contributors will win an OpenStreetCam enhanced Waylens Horizon dashcam.
- We will give out one dashcam per city to our top contributors.
- Two runner ups will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
- You need to gather at least 500K points to be eligible to win the dash cam.
- It costs nothing to compete.
- Only the points collected between June 12 – August 12 are taken into account.
- Points collected with Waylens dashcams are not eligible.
If you’re looking for additional insight, refer to the FAQ below:
- How will I know my rank in the leaderboards?
- How can I earn more points?
Go to https://openstreetcam.org and check out where the magenta lines are missing. Those areas will guarantee the highest return.
- I’m getting errors trying to install the app, record or upload.
Send us an e-mail at email@example.com and we’ll provide support and troubleshooting ASAP.
- Does your app provide routing?
- Can I use an OBD-II dongle?
You sure can, if you have one to spare. It’s going to enable the 2X multiplier per each kilometer collected.
- Can I record with a dashcam?
Of course, you have our full support, as long as the data is under the form of geotagged JPEGs. You can upload the data collected via our script.
- I signed up via OSM, how will you contact me?
We reserve the right to disqualify contributors for cheating by uploading useless / blurry / dark images or duplicating existing data from multiple devices on the same account.
Contenders will need to opt in and supply an e-mail address in order for us to contact the winners.